Resonate becomes one of 10 Ambassador Hubs
Resonate becomes one of 10 Ambassador Hubs, continuing its partnership with Furthering Talent Connect: Awards for Young Musicians with a new phase of the programme running from April 2023 to March 2026.
Furthering Talent Connect will build on the longstanding relationship between AYM and 10 current Hub partners who will become Ambassador Hubs from April 2023, continuing the fantastic work of the last four and half years. The Ambassador Hubs will be:
- Greater Manchester
- Lewisham Music
- Resonate (Liverpool)
- The Music Partnership (Staffordshire, Telford and Stoke)
- Severn Arts (Worcestershire).
In this new phase, Furthering Talent Connect will further embed the principles of inclusive musical practice and child-led, personalised learning within partner Hubs and sector-wide. Furthering Talent Connect comprises:
- 400 nominated young people will have individual instrumental or, for the first time, vocal tuition
- A Musical Progression Bursary per child to help achieve the goals they, with their teacher’s support, set themselves in their Individual Learning Plan (ILP) using the new Charanga hosted tool.
- Termly Get Togethers where diverse high-quality musical partners will develop their musical knowledge and skills, provide new experiences, connect them with peers, engage families and build belonging and community.
- An AYM Connector who will work two days per week, identifying hundreds more young people facing barriers to music making and connecting them to information and opportunities.
- Music leaders will be invited to termly Teachers’ Forums to reflect, discuss their students' progress and share good practice.
Jonathan Dickson, Head of Service at Resonate, Liverpool Music Hub said: “This is an outstanding programme that reaches young people in Liverpool with the most profound barriers to learning. Music is making a difference to these young people and we are delighted to continue this work with Awards for Young Musicians.”
Read more about AYM and Furthering Talent: https://www.a-y-m.org.uk/how-we-help/furtheringtalent/